The relationship between sales and marketing can best be described as symbiotic. While both parties can benefit, it can easily revert back to the original biological definition of a symbiotic relationship where two diverse organisms live together, but in a way that only benefits one.
However, there is a lot to be gained from sales and marketing alignment.
- B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieve 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth (according to SiriusDecisions).
- B2B companies’ inability to align sales and marketing teams around the right processes and technologies costs 10% or more of revenue per year (according to IDC).
- Organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing functions enjoy 36% higher customer retention rates (according to MarketingProfs).
- When it comes to processes for lead nurturing and incubation, those companies where sales and marketing have blended ownership report better conversion rates (according to marketingcharts.com).
- Sales reps ignore 50% of marketing leads (according to ReachForce).
Check out this video to find out how you can create a love affair between sales and marketing.