Like pretty much everything else in your professional and personal life, money matters. You’ve probably seen enterprise companies with bottomless marketing budgets pump thousands and thousands of dollars into new lead generation funding.
Here are three ways you can promote the importance of funding to build a substantial lead generation company:
- Highlight lost time for sales: Executives are influenced by numbers, so do the research to uncover how much time sales reps are spending identifying sales opportunities. According to a recent study by Marketing Sherpas, this number could be as high as 40 percent of their workday.
- This 40 percent is contributing to lost revenue, instead of time that could be better implemented closing qualified deals.
- Lead generation financial services are beneficial to your company as a whole because you can create an automated and insightful model that will increase revenue while freeing up sales reps’ time.
- Pay close attention to the executive goals of your sales department, even more so than marketing’s, because successful lead generation is first recognized as a success in sales.
- Even ask executives to contribute their own thoughts and opinions to your plan, explaining the give and take between immediate action items and those that will require continual adjustment.
Remember, when stating your case for funding, highlight how intertwined sales and lead generation truly are. Sales is a critical department across all businesses and industries and, quite often, the success of that one department determines the success of the entire company.