Marketing automation software is a popular subject around here. Sure, we’re obsessed with it for the obvious reasons, but our greater obsession is spreading the gospel about our ever-growing industry.
We’ve compiled a list of marketing automation facts, results, and implementation reasons. This list is for everyone, at every stage in the marketing automation cycle – whether you’re a seasoned user, shopping around, or just opened another tab to search what in the world I’m talking about, read below to learn a more about our industry and obsession:
- The adoption of marketing automation technology is expected to increase by 50 percent by 2015. (Sirius Decisions)
- The marketing automation industry has seen the fastest growth of any CRM-related segment in the last five years. (Focus Research)
- By 2020, marketing automation customers will manage 85 percent of their account information and relationship without talking to a human. (Gartner Research)
- The average sales cycle has increased 22 percent over the past five years due to more decision makers being involved in the buying process. (Sirius Decisions)
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451 percent increase in qualified leads. (The Annuitas Group)
- 46 percent of marketers with mature lead management processes have sales teams that follow up on more than 75 percent of marketing-generated leads. (Forrester Research)
- 77 percent of CMOs at top performing companies indicate that their most compelling reason for implementing marketing automation is to increase revenue. (Gleanster)
- Marketing automation drives a 14.5 percent increase in sales productivity and a 12.2 percent reduction in marketing overhead. (Nucleus Research)
- Nurtured leads make 47 percent larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (The Annuitas Group)
- Companies with mature lead generation and management practices have a 9.3 percent higher sales quote achievement rate. (CSO Insights)
Throughout 2014 and in the years to come, marketing automation software is only going to increase in necessity. As need increases, so will features, adoption, and CRM integration. Plus, now you have a cool new icebreaker for your next party… marketing automation facts! As long as it’s a marketing party, which is really more of a meeting. Use your best judgement.