More than new technology, new ideas and sometimes even extra budget, marketers look for stats to help deliver their results or justify strategy … especially when it comes to justifying marketing automation within your strategy. So we’re going to help you. We’ve put together 10 marketing automation stats around trends, technology and even new approaches to tech investments that are sure to not only beef up your next presentation, but also help you justify your investments.
10 Important Marketing Automation Stats
- According to Ascend2’s 2016 Marketing Automation Trends survey, 71% of companies use marketing automation. Most of the companies that aren’t using it plan to do so in the foreseeable future.
- On average, 49% of companies are currently using Marketing Automation. With more than half of B2B companies (55%) adopting the technology. Emailmonday
- The biggest benefit of marketing automation is saving time, according to Adestra’s Marketer vs. Machine report. “Marketers say the biggest benefits of automation are saving time (74%), increased customer engagement (68%), more timely communications (58%), and increased opportunities, including up-selling (58%).”
- Marketing Automation drives a 14.5% increase in sales productivity. Proving the effectiveness of marketing automation, Nucleus Research conducted a study that revealed sales productivity grew by 14.5% when automation software was used. And this isn’t at the cost of increased resources, but in fact the opposite – the same report also found that companies using automation enjoyed an average 12.2% reduction in marketing overheads.
- 63% of companies outgrowing their competitors are using automation. Online competition will always be tough, but with automation, Lenskold’s Lead Generation Marketing Effectiveness Study has shown that companies can have the edge. Of the companies that are growing larger than their competitors, 63% utilize automation in their marketing strategies.
- Nearly two thirds of companies surveyed (63%) expect to realize the benefits of their marketing automation system within six months of implementation. Ascend2 Marketing Automations Trends Survey
- According to B2Bmarketing.net and Circle Research, 61% said that the implementation process of Marketing Automation was difficult.
- When it comes to using marketing technology for lead generation tactics, according to Salesfusion, becoming Sugar Market, and Ascend2’s State of B2B Lead Generation survey, 70% outsourced all or part of their lead generation tactics.
- The top pain for 73% of marketing automation platform users is maintaining the right personnel to execute effectively. Aberdeen
- Keeping up with marketing automation best practices actually isn’t so hard. A survey done with B2Bmarketing.net and Circle Research, found that even with the difficulty of implementing marketing automation, only 22% of marketers report that they aren’t confident they can stay up to date with marketing automation best practices. 79% were confident they could.
These stats aren’t meant to make marketing automation sound easy OR threatening. The reality is, these numbers are meant to help us get a better handle on what’s going on in the marketing technology, specifically marketing automation world. This information is also meant to help us understand that while marketing automation can make a world of difference to your marketing strategy, sometimes the technology itself isn’t the key to success. Instead it’s finding a marketing approach that accounts for your success.