Or maybe these are just our 10 favorites . . .
Account-based marketing, it’s the buzzword coming out of every marketer’s mouth these days. While it may seem like ABM took the marketing world by storm overnight, it’s actually been around for decades. You can learn more about the history in our ABM overview video. Instead of just talking about ABM though, it’s time to start building your strategy. And what better way to start than with the numbers? We’ve put together the 10 key account-based marketing stats we think every marketer should know when going into their ABM plan.
Just the Stats, Ma’am
- Almost 85% of marketers who measure ROI describe ABM as delivering higher returns than any other marketing approach; half of these marketers cite significantly higher returns. (ITSMA)
- 92% of B2B marketers consider ABM “extremely” or “very” important to overall marketing efforts. (SiriusDecisions)
- 86% of marketers surveyed believe that predictive analytics is central to account-based marketing success. (Forrester)
- Companies with ABM in place generate 208% more revenue for their marketing efforts. (MarketingProfs)
- All companies practicing ABM claim alignment with sales, with 34% saying they’re tightly aligned. (SiriusDecisions)
- ABM directly addresses sales/marketing alignment, challenging the 50% of sales time wasted on unproductive prospecting. (MarketingProfs)
- When ABM has been in use for at least a year, 60% of users reported a revenue increase of at least 10% & 19% reported a revenue impact of 30% or greater. (Demandbase in eWeek)
- 41% of B2B marketers worldwide said they would increase spending on ABM. (ITSMA)
- 84% of marketers said that ABM had significant benefits to retaining and expanding existing client relationships. (Alterra Group)
- B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieved 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth. (SiriusDecisions)
If these stats get you excited about account-based marketing, we have an entire library of tools just for you including – an eBook, blog posts, videos and webinars – to go check out next. Just because ABM is the new buzzword doesn’t mean you should jump and see if you sink or swim. It’s a strategy that takes proper thought and planning to show the reward.